Beer Exchange

General brewing topics, annoucements, etc

Re: Beer Exchange

Postby spud » 16 Sep 2009, 07:48

Nothing extra to add Guys except has our numbers increased any ???
Show of hands please, same date just dont have a confirmed location as yet..
cheers spud
Brewing, well awaiting to be - Newcastle Nut, American Pale
Keg - Scottish 80/-, Eda's Milk Stout
Next in line - Choc /Hazelnut Porter, Dry Knickers Stout then, Classic American Pils, Kolsch.
spud

Postby Hunty » 16 Sep 2009, 11:12

resident spudulator, what exactly is the date intended ?
The Power of Positive Drinking
Hunty

Postby spud » 18 Sep 2009, 07:35

Hi Hunty. Pencilled in date was looking at early Oct. No fixed date as yet but somewhere around there seems OK, well no adverse comments from anyone that is.
Still negotiating a venue at the moment.
Cheers spud
Next in line - Choc /Hazelnut Porter, Dry Knickers Stout then, Classic American Pils, Kolsch.
spud

Postby Hairy » 25 Sep 2009, 13:26

Off my mind I can think of east coast park, any bbq pit would do. There would be toilets nearby,close to the beach and stuff. Kids can run around on the beach, etc. But I am concerned abt the potential lack of wet weather plans since the weather has turned wetter in recent weeks.

The booking of the pit would be something like $20 from NParks. I can sponsor that if we are keen on doing it @ East Coast Park. I can take a look at the pits to see which ones are close to the carparks, etc. I would like to contribute my services in other ways but may not be able to afford the time to do it. Let's see how things go then.

A few ladies may be interested in tagging along (those that some of you may have spoken to or seen during ibrew challenge) with me and I would suppose that shouldn't be too great a problem.

It doesn't get further from 3 Oct by the day. So, r we on something concrete already?
Hairy

Postby Hairy » 06 Oct 2009, 20:46

Knock knock! Are we guys still on some plans?
Hairy

Postby spud » 18 Oct 2009, 08:55

Hi Hairy.
Sure am, sorry for my absence ( Mr Lager XXbock Hunty will say "no excuse" :twisted: )
Thanks Hairy for the suggestion of East Coast, is looking like the most likely contender.
Would have a gathering at my place but the Area is going for repaint at present, its a bloody mess and the BBQ pits may not be available even, been like it for the last 1.5 months. The one last venue ( hopeful) that I was banking on "dried up" bummer...

But if everyone is OK then we will move fwd with EC Park..
Hairy are U close enough to the area to have a look see without to much hassle?
- what sort of notice do we need for the application.
- can we use owner supplied BBQ's, not that we would need to as the number with Families isnt likely to be in the 20 is it ?
- would the iBrew Challenge area be ok?

So once we sort that out we will need to sent out what we want to achieve.
For the last one we did a simple swap,,,, we all put one bottle for each particpant and recieved the same from everyone else.
There maybe some Brewers that might want to swap 1/2 a Batch etc but please we would need to cater for the majority so U can do what ever private swaps U want but the main idea is to have same Brewers swap'n some juice and U head home with different Beers to try and comment on.

Dates - well , me I have only just been able to pick up the Hydrometer so only JUST have a Brew in the fermenter.
Nov sometime looks better for me & the later the better.

So anyone have comments pls jump in..
cheers spud
spud

All Foam and NO Beer !!!!

Postby Hunty » 20 Oct 2009, 08:30

Damn I must have missed the 26 Sep, oh sorry was it the early Oct one. How did it go boys ?
What's the date of the next one ?

:evil:
Hunty

Beer Exchange - new try!

Postby spud » 20 Oct 2009, 09:42

:lol: Yea it was great Buddy..
Nothing ever seems to happen in Singapore unless U grab it by the scruff of the neck and shake the shite out of it.
Hairy is the only one thats continuing with the idea at present.

This is what I'm looking at now. :P
We head to East Coast to a selected BBQ site.
Those that want to be in a Swap get their shite together and organise their Beers accordingly.
Those that cant or dont want to swap for any reason are still most welcome to attend as its BLOODY high time we met again for a Social gathering.

So for me its BYO food, Beer /Wine everything.
Seeing that there wont be HUGE numbers we can apply the "BYO to share" or "Pot Luck" Dinner Party idea.
If everyone brings along enough to at least feed themselves there should be enough eats and drinks for ALL..
For instance everyone shouldnt expect to have RUMP STeak, fresh oysters or grilled smoked salmon on fresh home made Bacon... served to them,,,, well thay can if they bring it themselves LOL..but they will be killed in the stamped to their plates. As Hunty would say KISS.

DATES to choose from ( yea I know we have been down this Rd before) humor me pls,, promise this is the last time and this "gathering will happen".

I have a couple of new Brewers that are itching to taste someone else's Beers, so we need to have a supply of sponsered Beers as well - anyone interested in helping here. I know I will throw in what ever I have on hand. But remember we are not suppling anything for serving so if U have a Keg system as opposed to Bottles, its up to U to make it work on the day.

NEW DATES -For me at least - I have 2 Beers in the Fermenters so I can't bring anything other than SBS if we attend before say a month from 2day. So at the earlest its Sat /Sun - 21st /22nd Nov. or some other friendly date.
Sadly my Boss wont be here then but that wont stop things happening, I can cook, I know where Supermarkets are LOL..

PLACE - will be somewhere along East Coast Park.
WHAT U HAVE TO DO.
- let someone know that U like the idea and are available.
- get some Beers ready. U wont be asked to drink only water U know..
- for us males, get the Boss interested, she will be the one that organises U.
So the lovely ladies are essentual to a great day.. & if U are a lovely lady reading this, dont bring U'r Boss, we have
enough males LOL..
- think about rubbish removeal, seats for your Family etc etc usual good citizen stuff
- if you have a special food that U want to share dust out the serving paper plates and please bring along.
Without a doubt we in Singapore we are best placed for eating GREAT Food so YES please if U can. Hot cold who cares.

So thats enough from me and I am really sorry for the delay in getting this to happen, so sorry that I cant hold it at our place.. Painting will be finished I know by then but we dont have the space...

Cheers Spud..
spud

Postby Hairy » 20 Oct 2009, 12:18

By my definition, I don't think I stay "near" to EC Park unless Jurong and EC Park is considered near. LOL. Anyways, I can still go down and take a look on the weekends or something. The site for ibrew challenge seems ok to me.

I am getting a little confused here. If we are to BYOF then we definitely don't need a pit. Unless we are really bringing raw food which is actually workable provided someone offers to supply the charcoal and other bbq related stuff. If not we just need a table and ample space for our food, beer whatever else. As for bringing one's own pit I don't think there is a problem with that if we can find a spot that can accommodate the pit and not cast any fire hazard, etc.

So are we on the bbq side or are we on the bring-whatever-as-long-as-it-doesn't-give-me-the-runs side?
Hairy

All Sizzle and NO Steak

Postby Hunty » 21 Oct 2009, 16:21

Hi chaps. Think you need to pin down a date, or this will never happen.

Happy to bring along some raw food and a bag of charcoal.

Hunty
Hunty

Postby keat » 21 Oct 2009, 23:03

In ECP, they have the regular pits and they have areas designated "Bring Your Own Pit". No kidding. I'm ok with either one, just make sure to recce the spot if it gets crowded with tents on the weekends. Feels weird to have a party where you are surrounded with folks sleeping in tents and doing other...stuff.
On Tap:Nil
Coming up: German Blonde
In fond memories: The Pursuit of Hoppyness (IBC 2007 Gold) -- Cheap Bastard Ale (IBC 2008 Gold) -- Cheap Bastard Ale III (Asia Beer Awards 2008 Gold)
keat

Postby spud » 23 Oct 2009, 07:29

Maybe Parsir Res Park area then ??
Or any other site...
Dates agree need to sort so come on in with your ideas pls...
First off what numbers are we looking at again.?
Hunty, Keat, HT, Hairy, Me, and and ?

spud
spud

All Talk and NO Walk...

Postby Hunty » 23 Oct 2009, 13:56

Yes I think I can get my backside there.

My preference to the organising commitee is EC park.

dates, you just said November 21, are you going to fix it ?

Hunty
Hunty

Postby spud » 26 Oct 2009, 19:21

Sorry Hunty, only have PC back minutes ago.
Great I think we just need to build around this date then..
So we have two starters ?????
cheers Spud
spud

Postby Hairy » 27 Oct 2009, 10:29

Great. We have a fixed date then.

If we are bringing our own pit, I will need to recce the location since the Nparks website don't seem to help at all in pin pointing which part of the park is the Bring Your Own Pit area. Keat you have any idea?
Hairy

PreviousNext

Return to General