Erdinger clone...

Don't need a question to start a thread here. The weather is hot, it would be nice to know when the next brew is coming.

Erdinger clone...

Postby havanoe » 23 Jan 2008, 01:51

Hi all..

After my first brew of wheat beer with the coopers kit, I wanted to try a German style weisse beer, with style like the Erdinger Weisse :) .

I am thinking of using..

1. 1 can of Coopers Wheat Beer kit
2. 1kg of Dry Briess Bavarian Wheat malt
3. 1Kg Brew Enhancer 2
4. Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weisen

please give me some advice on how to improve this recipe and the type of hops that should be used.

thanks a lot.. :D
havanoe

Re: Erdinger clone...

Postby spud » 27 Jan 2008, 13:37

Hi havanoe
Have you brewed this batch yet. I love Erdinger as well, pretty tricky one to master so I'm told.
Dont have any advice for U on those ingrediants. I hope you have Brewed your Beer as intended though.
Once you have brewed, tried & tested, you will be the better judge as to whats missing of infact if any thing is wrong at all.
Some Brewing styles are pretty tricky, the results can be not the best at times, dont give up though as no matter what Beer Style you are trying to perfect there is tons of available info on it out there.
Sorry I dont have any secret info for U except to keep at it until you are a master of that Style.
good luck & cheers
Spud
Brewing, well awaiting to be - Newcastle Nut, American Pale
Keg - Scottish 80/-, Eda's Milk Stout
Next in line - Choc /Hazelnut Porter, Dry Knickers Stout then, Classic American Pils, Kolsch.
spud

Postby havanoe » 28 Jan 2008, 10:50

I am trying to gather more info on this brew.

right now, I am trying to decide on which hops to use. My first batch of wheat beer is very popular and is not going to last till new year...

but I feel the Coopers wheatbeer kit doesnt have much aroma compare to other wheat beer, so that why I'm thinking of using some hops in this brew.

Please advice
havanoe

Postby spud » 30 Jan 2008, 07:40

Hi again
I would stay with what U have and see how it turns out.
Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weisen will add some taste, nose.

Dave Miller's Home Brew Guide says 4 AAU pellets or 5 AAU whole hops of
Hallertau, Tettnang, Spalt or Perle but this is for bittering and for AGB.

Your Kit of Coppers should have enough bittering and finishing hops for a start.
Try it and see if U are still unhappy make a "hop tea" (read Beers of the Month at Grain & Grape).
cheers Spud.
Brewing, well awaiting to be - Newcastle Nut, American Pale
Keg - Scottish 80/-, Eda's Milk Stout
Next in line - Choc /Hazelnut Porter, Dry Knickers Stout then, Classic American Pils, Kolsch.
spud

Return to Who's got what in their fermenter?