Chocolate Malt

Share your beer recipes here. Or talk about your favourite beer styles.

Chocolate Malt

Postby Hunty » 10 Sep 2005, 09:44

I seeped 250g of Chocolate Malt in my last brew... flavour result was distinctive. Though I didn't use Golden Syrup in the brew, I could swear that the Chocoalte Malt added a hint of the flavour I'd expect from Golden Syrup, albeit with a more complex and nutty taste. Highly recommended ..hey I could even be persuaded to drink Brown Ales on a regular basis.. :lol: :lol:

Will try 500g Chocoalte Malt in next brew to bring it out a little more.

Hunty
Hunty

Postby layangman » 10 Sep 2005, 10:04

My latest brew (bottling in 4 days from now) has pretty much of spice flavor from the crushed corainder added. Tasted it this morning, it has begun to blend very well with the lime juice and rind, actually a nice tardiness to it. Color is nice with good carbonation. SG: 1009
layangman

Spicy Beer

Postby Hunty » 10 Sep 2005, 15:53

G'day Patrick.
I reckon u should think twice about submitting this for IBC. Dead giveaway :lol: :lol:
Hunty
Hunty

Spicy Beer

Postby spud » 11 Sep 2005, 08:54

Morning Patrick..
Sounds great.

Dont worry about him !!!! did u notice he couldnt decide where he was when he posted that comment.......
OH!! sorry hunty, U where posting to Patricks "Spicy Beer" :wink: (not giving up on this battle either U know.) I'll just add another of your hard earned .50 cents to the kitty & move on :P

Cheers !
Brewing, well awaiting to be - Newcastle Nut, American Pale
Keg - Scottish 80/-, Eda's Milk Stout
Next in line - Choc /Hazelnut Porter, Dry Knickers Stout then, Classic American Pils, Kolsch.
spud

Subject Line for SPUD: Spicy Beer

Postby Hunty » 11 Sep 2005, 09:31

Almost but not quite right Spud.
Actually I couldn't decide where to post it. But this is as good as any. :wink:
Please observe the subject line. :lol:
Hunty
Hunty

Chocolate Malt

Postby spud » 13 Sep 2005, 15:34

:lol:
Back to the Choc malt,
"250g of Chocolate Malt in my last brew... flavour result was distinctive" With that amount what was the color change and was it to much of a change for the taste change, in other words would it be better to add less and get less color variation but still the taste change.
Interested for the Nutty taste U mentioned.

cheers !
Next in line - Choc /Hazelnut Porter, Dry Knickers Stout then, Classic American Pils, Kolsch.
spud

Subject line for spud: Chocolate malt

Postby Hunty » 13 Sep 2005, 17:45

Well indeed the essence of the question.

That is why I've prepared two batches, one with 250g and another with 500g.

Actually i was keen to retain the taste but get a deeper colour change. The latter I definitely achieved. But quite keen to do a side by side taste test to see flavour effect.... how many darkies can I submit in the IBC by the way ? :lol: :lol:

Hunty
Hunty

Nutty Taste (please use the subject line for our Spudulator)

Postby Hunty » 16 Sep 2005, 20:37

Hey Spud.
You like a nutty taste in beer ?

Man, do I have a brew for you to try....

Hunty

:o :o
Hunty

Choc malt

Postby spud » 17 Sep 2005, 12:23

Morning Hunty
I have just learnt about the effects of the stuff,, have some in storeroom waiting,,,,,, U can bring a taster anytime U like,,,,, bring two!!!
spud

Re: Chocolate Malt

Postby Guitar9 » 11 Oct 2009, 16:28

Hunty wrote:I seeped 250g of Chocolate Malt in my last brew... flavour result was distinctive. Though I didn't use Golden Syrup in the brew, I could swear that the Chocoalte Malt added a hint of the flavour I'd expect from Golden Syrup, albeit with a more complex and nutty taste. Highly recommended ..hey I could even be persuaded to drink Brown Ales on a regular basis.. :lol: :lol:

Will try 500g Chocoalte Malt in next brew to bring it out a little more.

Hunty

Hi Hunty,
I'm anoob brewer, just wanna ask if i could add Chocolate malt to cooper's Irish Stout for brewing? Will it turn out too strong? Please advise. Thanks and Cheers!
Guitar9

Re: Chocolate Malt

Postby Hunty » 12 Oct 2009, 16:12

hey there,
why not try 250g steep and see how it turns out... doubt that would be too strong and if you like it, can go to 500 g...
good luck
The Power of Positive Drinking
Hunty

Return to Beer Recipes & Styles