BEERS - OUT & ABOUT IN SINGAPORE

Share your beer recipes here. Or talk about your favourite beer styles.

BEERS - OUT & ABOUT IN SINGAPORE

Postby spud » 23 Feb 2008, 15:41

Hi Guys & Ladies.
What we are trying to do here is create a listing of Beers available in Singapore.
Can be local, imported, draft, bottled, canned.
So that would mean that Brew Pubs can tell us what they have on tap as well, anything goes.
The idea is to about to search this Topic and find where "XX " Beer is available.
Tips are always needed as well, so go to it guys.
Cheers Spud (still without my Newcastle Brown)
Brewing, well awaiting to be - Newcastle Nut, American Pale
Keg - Scottish 80/-, Eda's Milk Stout
Next in line - Choc /Hazelnut Porter, Dry Knickers Stout then, Classic American Pils, Kolsch.
spud

Re: BEERS - OUT & ABOUT IN SINGAPORE

Postby keat » 23 Feb 2008, 18:11

Duvel, Chimay Blue, Red and White - Cold Storage - I love Belgians :mrgreen:
Chimay blue Grand Reserve - Denise wine shops - I've seen 2004 and 2007

Can anyone find Forbidden Fruit anymore? Seems like its out everywhere. Only place I know that still have it is Ooster, about $14 a bottle :(
Cold storage and NTUC used to sell them at $4.
On Tap:Nil
Coming up: German Blonde
In fond memories: The Pursuit of Hoppyness (IBC 2007 Gold) -- Cheap Bastard Ale (IBC 2008 Gold) -- Cheap Bastard Ale III (Asia Beer Awards 2008 Gold)
keat

Postby htkm » 25 Feb 2008, 13:52

Went to NTUC @ Bukit Timah a few weeks back. Saw "Outback" beers on sale. So picked up Pilsener, Pale Ale and Black Opeal. Not bad I must say. The Black Opeal reminds me of Hunty's Soctish Ale.
Keg:
Secondary:
Primary: Dry Stout
Brewing Soon: Pliny The Elder
htkm

Postby spud » 26 Feb 2008, 13:59

Charlie Corner - Changi Village
Everyones heard of Charlie but did U know he has a great supply of International beers.

Atomium Premier Grand Cru
Ruddles County Ale
Curim Gold Celtic Wheat Beer
Strong Suffolk Vintage Ale
Moling's Traditional Red Ale
Abbot Ale
O'Hara's Celtic Stout
The Beer To Dine For
Hen's Tooth – Greene King IPA
Fullers ESB
London Pride
Ruddles Orchard

Cheers Spud
Next in line - Choc /Hazelnut Porter, Dry Knickers Stout then, Classic American Pils, Kolsch.
spud

Postby keat » 28 Feb 2008, 14:12

Just noticed that Carrefour has a house-brand belgian "Bier de Abbaye", $13.80 for a 6-pack. Bought it for tasting this weekend, lets see how it goes.
In fond memories: The Pursuit of Hoppyness (IBC 2007 Gold) -- Cheap Bastard Ale (IBC 2008 Gold) -- Cheap Bastard Ale III (Asia Beer Awards 2008 Gold)
keat

Postby htkm » 29 Feb 2008, 09:01

keat wrote:Just noticed that Carrefour has a house-brand belgian "Bier de Abbaye", $13.80 for a 6-pack. Bought it for tasting this weekend, lets see how it goes.

Yeah saw it too. But are you sure it's $13.80? I though I saw it for $15.+
Keg:
Secondary:
htkm

Postby keat » 29 Feb 2008, 13:39

yup, $13.80, they were having a sale.
keat

Postby htkm » 29 Feb 2008, 18:09

keat wrote:yup, $13.80, they were having a sale.

Now no more sale. :?
Keg:
Secondary:
htkm

Postby keat » 03 Mar 2008, 15:27

keat wrote:Just noticed that Carrefour has a house-brand belgian "Bier de Abbaye", $13.80 for a 6-pack. Bought it for tasting this weekend, lets see how it goes.

popped a couple over the weekend for tasting, the bottles are actually 250ml only, doh! should have paid more attention before I bought it. It tasted fresh, although there were no sediments at all, looked filtered. It has the typical Belgian spiciness, and slight malty backbone in the finish. At 6.5% ABV, this is quite a heavy beer, but not quite typical of the abbey style belgians. It does lack the complexity of the abbey styles too. This beer is very much like the mass-market Belgians like Leffe, I won't be surprised that Carrefour commissioned the Leffe brewery to brew it for them.

Nice beer, was pleasantly surprised.
keat

Postby htkm » 04 Mar 2008, 09:00

keat wrote:

popped a couple over the weekend for tasting, the bottles are actually 250ml only, doh! should have paid more attention before I bought it. It tasted fresh, although there were no sediments at all, looked filtered. It has the typical Belgian spiciness, and slight malty backbone in the finish. At 6.5% ABV, this is quite a heavy beer, but not quite typical of the abbey style belgians. It does lack the complexity of the abbey styles too. This beer is very much like the mass-market Belgians like Leffe, I won't be surprised that Carrefour commissioned the Leffe brewery to brew it for them.

Nice beer, was pleasantly surprised.

Tried a bottle also. Not bad.
Keg:
Secondary:
htkm

Postby spud » 21 Jul 2008, 19:48

Carrefour are pretty big in that end of the woods so u are right on the button..
have to say tho the Leffe i tried in France on both side were 100% better than any I tasted here..
Hugely popular drink, the French even called it "their local Brand" in Nice LOL...
Spud
spud

Return to Beer Recipes & Styles