Tuborg

Share your beer recipes here. Or talk about your favourite beer styles.

Tuborg

Postby Hunty » 01 Apr 2008, 09:02

Anybody tried this Danish Lager... ? I find it an awesome , clean and crisp brew...

If anybody stumbles across a recipe, let me know :D
The Power of Positive Drinking
Hunty

Re: Tuborg

Postby spud » 04 Apr 2008, 18:44

Tried it from local Supermarket, U are right Hunty not bad at all.
Will add to that mile long list I have.
Spud
Brewing, well awaiting to be - Newcastle Nut, American Pale
Keg - Scottish 80/-, Eda's Milk Stout
Next in line - Choc /Hazelnut Porter, Dry Knickers Stout then, Classic American Pils, Kolsch.
spud

Postby Hunty » 14 Apr 2008, 13:45

cold and clean with a nice hallertau finish.... well I have an emulation in progress to be kegged imminently. Can i be patient enough to lager for long enough ? Doubt it...need more kegs and more fridges...
Hunty

Postby keat » 14 Apr 2008, 15:05

Hunty wrote:cold and clean with a nice hallertau finish.... well I have an emulation in progress to be kegged imminently. Can i be patient enough to lager for long enough ? Doubt it...need more kegs and more fridges...

How are you going to convince DC that you need another "coffin"? Ask for forgiveness later? :wink:

I've been wanting to get another fridge for a while, chest freezer has been at the top of my list lately. Current fridge has been really getting on my nerves. Problem is, I won't have space to store my hops and ice once I use the chest freezer for kegs. :(
On Tap:Nil
Coming up: German Blonde
In fond memories: The Pursuit of Hoppyness (IBC 2007 Gold) -- Cheap Bastard Ale (IBC 2008 Gold) -- Cheap Bastard Ale III (Asia Beer Awards 2008 Gold)
keat

Postby Hunty » 14 Apr 2008, 15:17

indeed right keat... 'tis always betetr to beg forgiveness later than to ask permission first... lol

actually a new coffin costs around 700 bux, yet just 2 new kegs costs more than 520.. something is out of whack there :cry: :cry:
Hunty

Postby keat » 14 Apr 2008, 18:03

Hunty wrote:indeed right keat... 'tis always betetr to beg forgiveness later than to ask permission first... lol

actually a new coffin costs around 700 bux, yet just 2 new kegs costs more than 520.. something is out of whack there :cry: :cry:

yeah something is out of whack... not going for used kegs? I've no complaints after changing out the o-rings and relief valve.
On Tap:Nil
Coming up: German Blonde
In fond memories: The Pursuit of Hoppyness (IBC 2007 Gold) -- Cheap Bastard Ale (IBC 2008 Gold) -- Cheap Bastard Ale III (Asia Beer Awards 2008 Gold)
keat

Postby Hunty » 15 Apr 2008, 08:13

not going for used kegs? I've no complaints after changing out the o-rings and relief valve.

I still find in a couple of mine that the seating is not quite right on the valves, ie i need to fiddle it a bit to make it seal properly. I believe the resident spudulator has just found a similar problem... still, you are right, the price of a brand new keg for what it is seems crazy...
Hunty

Postby southernoise » 15 Apr 2008, 09:04

material prices have gone up like mad especially aluminium cylinders.

An aluminium cylinder that used to cost 400+ then now cost 1k+ at my side. madness.
On Tap:
Coming up: Uruk-hai IPA
Fond Memories:
American Pale Ale, tweaked from Jamil's Brewing Classic Styles page 134
Dirty Water Brown, tweaked from Jamil's Brewing Classic Styles page 141
southernoise

Re: Tuborg with Kegs...

Postby spud » 16 Apr 2008, 09:27

Keg madness.
Now have a maintenance plan in place, have the kegs on number system with lids now matched to keg and numbered the same. Seals , ( all) will get changed after 12 months use. So once a year will buy 8 keg seal kits. Hopefully with the aid of keg lube and some of the leak check liquid we can forget about leaking kegs. In reality once the keg lid rim is deformed, heaven only knows how that happens, U are pushing shite up hill with a neddle when trying to get a good seal.

I have read that the expansion of the Keg dia under pressure is the only problem U could face as the structure and design of the top area is supposed to resist deformation under any pressure up to relief valve opening.. So how come we have leaking lid areas,, has to be the seal then or a wee nick that the seal cant be sweezed into.
Bring back the discussion on KYJ :roll:
cheers Spud
Next in line - Choc /Hazelnut Porter, Dry Knickers Stout then, Classic American Pils, Kolsch.
spud

Postby Hunty » 22 Apr 2008, 08:39

So how come we have leaking lid areas,, has to be the seal then or a wee nick that the seal cant be sweezed into.

loads of lube mate... fixes everything
Hunty

Postby spud » 22 Apr 2008, 18:18

Hunty wrote:
So how come we have leaking lid areas,, has to be the seal then or a wee nick that the seal cant be sweezed into.

remember the KYJ discussions like years ago.. :wink:
spud

Postby Hunty » 24 Apr 2008, 08:58

spud wrote:
Hunty wrote:

remember the KYJ discussions like years ago.. :wink:

where's Hayman ? LOL
am sure you have plenty of that at hand spud, does it work also on spigot washer seals ? :lol:
Hunty

Postby Hunty » 26 May 2008, 19:32

Spud, I did a search on "KY", tying to understand what you meant.

It came up with Kentucky, one of the States in the USA. Has this got something to do with Kentucky branded beer ?

Hunty
Hunty

Return to Beer Recipes & Styles